Welcome to ProtectMIChild, an official Michigan.gov website. This site uses adaptive technology. Instructions are provided within the: Accessibility  Policy. Skip Navigation
Jocelyn Benson, Secretary of State
Department of State
Michigan Child Protection Registry Logo


If you cannot find an answer to your question here you can contact us directly. You may also want to view some of the most commonly asked questions for more information.

QUESTION:  Can I register addresses in the Protect MI Child Registry if I'm not a Michigan resident?
ANSWER:  The Protect MI Child Registry is only open to residents of the state of Michigan. If your children are Michigan residents, you may register them. The Michigan Children's Protection Act has no force or effect on behalf of the residents of other states.